Criminals frequently use phone scams to defraud people for their money. Find out how a call blocker can help stop spam calls.
Because they answer calls with a familiar area code, many people become victims of phone scams. While most people find it simple to avoid a toll-free number, seeing a nearby area code may make you think twice before hanging up. It should therefore be no surprise that con artists use well-known area codes to target their victims.
It is advisable to get a call blocker to stop spam calls, especially for landlines. Below is a client's review of how effective a call blocker is.
Perfect Call Blocker to Stop Spam Calls
"Perfect & permanent relief from harassment(.)"
"We were at our wits end with constant harassing calls from East Europeans trying to scam us with Bitcoin deals. We tried hanging up as soon as the calls came in(,) but that did not deter them(,) and the call intensity became worse.
Our phone provider could not offer any practical help(,) but two words from their website sparked an idea. I carried out a "call blocker" search on Google and up came a selection of devices. One of these was the CPR V5000 which, although a bit more expensive than some others, had some reasonably good reviews.
As we had to do something, I took the plunge and ordered one. It arrived within 24 hours of being ordered. Installation involved connecting two plug-ins and took less than 30 seconds. Having got a record of the 8 separate phone numbers that were being used to harass us, I immediately loaded these into the device(,) and hey presto(,) not one more unwanted call.
Even better(,) the device allows you to see how many times the blocked call numbers have tried (and failed) to get through - in our case(,) the total now exceeds 25. This makes us smile with real delight as we imagine the frustration and anger that the caller is no doubt experiencing - a case of reverse harassing??!!
To anyone with the same experience, this is a no-brainer purchase. Even better(,) the device will also help us to defeat those other unwanted sales calls e.g. home insulation bandits and claims lawyers(,) etc. A Brilliant product and worth every penny."
How Can CPR Call Blocker Stop Spam Calls?
CPR Global Tech, established in 2010, has established itself as the industry leader in telecommunications products with call-blocking technology. Over 30 countries receive products from CPR Global Tech, a manufacturer and supplier of CPR call-blocking technology.
The most harmful 5,000 robocall numbers reported to the FCC are preloaded into CPR Call Blocker V5000 for landlines. Once the call blocker is activated, this can significantly reduce robocalls, scam calls, political calls, election calls, and general nuisance calls.
It is also made with a small footprint to fit perfectly next to your cordless phone at home or work. The large red block button is clear to see and simple to use. It is made to hold up under pressure and be durable.
Here are some of its notable features:
Compatible with phones
- Quick and easy connection
- No AC power required as it uses power from your existing phone line
- Compatible with all major landline providers in France, including Orange, SFR, Bouygues Telecom, and Free
- Compatible with all major landline phone manufacturers, including Alcatel, Logicom, Crosscall, Archos, Danew, Konrow, Samsung, etc.
- Caller ID services from your network provider are required for this product to work
Create your own blocklist
The red "Block Now" button is on the unit's top. At the push of a button, the unwanted caller's number is stored in the unit's memory, the call will hang up, and it will block the number permanently. This feature allows you to block up to 1500 unwanted calls.
By clicking on the BLOCKLIST button, you can view your complete blocklist, and if necessary, you can easily remove a number from the blocklist by pressing the REMOVE button.
You can also block a number by entering # 2 on any cordless handset connected to the telephone base.
Easy to use
- It features a large, easy-to-read 3-inch display screen.
- The large touch button makes it easy to control the call blocker.
- By clicking on the CALLS LIST button, you can display the last 20 calls.
- By clicking on the BLOCKLIST button, you can view your complete blocklist, and if necessary, you can easily remove a number from the blocklist by pressing the DELETE button.
- It measures just 9.98cm x 11.48cm.
Additional Blocking Features
- Private Blocking Features: This will reject all calls shown as PRIVATE.
- Unknown Block Feature: This will reject all calls shown as UNKNOWN.
- International Block Feature: This will reject all calls displayed as INTERNATIONAL.
- "0" Type Call Blocking Feature: This will reject all calls displayed as multiple 0s or variations of false numbers.
- Area Code Blocking: This can block an area or country code.
Calls that come in frequently can be annoying. The good news is that you can stop these calls. Landline phones require the purchase of call blockers. The good news is that these gadgets are convenient for blocking spam calls.One of the essential landline accessories you can get is a call blocker. Our call blockers protect you and your family from unsolicited phone calls and provide you with peace of mind at home. Browse our products, or get in touch with us so we can help you.